Friday, October 14, 2005

Why Is Friday Always Fight Night in my house?

First off,

Can those of you reading this that have migrated from the UK to another country or have bought property abroad please get in touch as I have a proposition for you that could mean good publicity and a little money for a little of your time.

jon AT collectivepublishing.co.uk


on to my progress


Here I am happily overcoming my manflu and other ailments and out of the blue my wife decides to pick a fight over our business debit card. ( I just mentioned that I couldn't see the sense of paying a 56p postage charge with a debit card from a bank that will charge us 35p for the privelege and off she went in a huff )

Reeling from yet another Friday Fight I am beginning to wonder why on earth women has to pick fights on the best day of the week?

My working week hasn't been 100 per cent productive but when I have taken action it has been decisive and positive.

I even got up at 2am last night when I woke up and remembered that the deadline for editorial material to a trade rag was today and wrote a press release.

But instead of getting congratulated, I got another earful for pointing out that my dearest desktop publisheresse had sent me the wrong image to include with the press release.

I carry on because I love Fridays and I do what I normally do on Fridays which is replacing activity with "thinking action" - so I get another earful for sitting on my lazy ar#e when there are dishes to be cleaned and rubbish to empty out.

And this repeats itself EVERY Friday!!

What is it that women dreadd so about the weekend? Have they had such a horrible week that by Friday it finally spills over? For the last 7 years, my Fridays have been a mixture of heaven and hell - I love the fact that it is nearly the weekend and I can finally relax a little and plan my next week in comfort, but pretty much EVERY Friday for some reason I can not fathom, I say or do something that some woman takes offense to and I get into a fight.

I'm not angry on Fridays. I'm not fed up. I'm genuinely looking forward to a happy weekend - but for some reason someone decides it is high time to pick a fight with me.

So what can you do?
Personally I added 3 more ebay auctions to our site and worked some more on the site that I created that my wife now has decided is using software that belongs to her. So I have to start over.

I have come up with 4 potential projects - not counting the other 3 I am mulling over. I have found the fundamental flaw in another one of my products and I have created content for 3 of my sites and scheduled a press release for this sunday, submitted two articles and sent off a press releast to a rag.

I have spoken to 15 book stores and signed up yet another website to our list of outlets.

I wish that would be enough for someone. It is for me.

But now I am on demand to show results, and I am not so sure how I can go about doing that.


Finally,

Next week I will start to deliver results.
Or I'll be looking for a divorce lawyer in January.

Cheers,
Jon