Friday, September 09, 2005

Have A Break

have a break.

If you only listen to ONE piece of advice EVER, then sit up, get a pen and paper, or simply print out the following report.

I have had the most tremendous week.

I got back from Rockley park on Monday, the most heavenly place on the Poole western seafront.

It was better than that in fact and for one simple reason:

Any talk of work related subjects or any subjects remotely related to "work" was banned.

It was the most relaxing time I have had in AGES.

There was no need to think about what to do.

There was no need to GO anywhere else.

There was always something on for everybody in the family.

And this week,

I have published the niche pack to our members.

I have sorted out some old expenses.

I have created 4 new websites

I have updated 3 old ones slightly

I have pinged a few of my blogs and ran blog & ping on my business website, doubling the links back to my site in an instant.

I have set up an adwords to adsense campaign

I have got one affirmative distribution partner on board for the new book that we're launching in November.

I have recorded one camtasia on an application I am using.

I recorded how I FAILED to create content on a site I made with XSitePRo.

and I wrote two articles for my publishing company.

And I'll be buying Power-RSS next week to try it out to see how well it can do what I want it to do.

Next week I am simply going to continue as I am, There are still many stores to sell our books to and there are still loads of links to be generated

SO, here is the pen and paper moment:

In order to work at your peak you need BREAKS where work is a taboo topic that is not even entertained. thoughts shall be treated like they are obscene and removed from your mind straight away.

Jack Canfiled in the success principles talk about preparation days and working days, but als, the most important one - was resting days ( i think that's what he called them ) and you can guess what each of those days are about.

HIS aim, was 150 resting days in a year.

104 is easy enough with just weekends. but these are days where you have to GET AWAY from it all.

I did.

It made a massive difference.

All the best.

Cheers,
JOn