Friday, September 02, 2005

Wonders Never cease

I didn’t really set myself any goals for this week as my Mom was visiting from Norway and it left me with pretty much only one day to work this week.

Progress has still been made though as I have found a few more interesting niches to look into and I have FINALLY finished the niche summary report on the Christmas niches. There is a lot of work going into a single page of text I tell you. To be perfectly honest though, I have been less than efficient this time as my publishing business has been distracting me.

I find that the time I spend in the coffee shop working is effective, but that I could benefit from it even more when I implement a stricter work structure. Michael Green for instance only does his internet marketing work on one day and he is busy running a printer and being a Member of Parliament the rest of the time. ( He’s actually quite nice to speak to – in spite of his political career, although he hadn’t been elected when I met him last time… as if that would make a difference… )

True to form, I am going to copy someone else – him - ( it’s called “Re-use” and is perfectly acceptable J ) and work to a specific schedule so that I can fit every thing in that I need to fit in. This seems to be the best way of doing it, plus I am going to nominate ONE morning a week to be my “power morning” where I execute a money making action every week on that day. We’ll see how it goes.

I don’t know what else to write really. I’ll be ready to deliver the niche stuff next week (honest!) for our members to use. There is one or two updates to make to the site for our product, like adding the affiliate sign up link and then the pack has to be put together for our members to download it.

And then I have my business to run as well! August was our 3rd best month since taking over and it has been doing amazingly well online, but our sales still need a boost.

The only other thing I’d like to mention before I head off on an impromptu holiday to Rockley Park (Pauline booked it Gary, not me – I’ll keep an eye out for the wannabe pop idols J ) is something that keeps on popping into my head these days.

Pauline’s favourite saying these days is “wonders never cease” as I apparently have begun to do my share of the house work! We’ve taken out the dishwasher again and it could be permanent this time as they just don’t seem to clean as well as a good hot handwash does and it’s good for the environment.

What is stuck in my head though is what she says, plus what I reply:

“Wonders never cease – And seizers never wonder”

It’s the “just do it” attitude I am trying to cultivate that is making me repeat that in my head I suppose. Although I didn’t read the word seizer to mean shanghaier ( as per dictionary.com! )