Friday, September 30, 2005

Another week of progress.

You know, this week, if I chose to - I could come up with a long list of things I did NOT do. I can easily make a Didn't Do list alot longer than a DONE list. everybody can.

I'm tempted to actually give it a go and see if I can but I don't really see the point of doing what everybody else is doing ;)

Thankfully my DONE list is rather short this week.

done two updates to existing sites.
uploaded an article for a website of mine.
got two adverts drafted to put into a trade rag - and went with the one that was most similar to my best performing adwords ad for the product. ( one of our more expensive books )
I've spoken to 2 suppliers this week and progressed a mailing list opportunity with one of them ( with an 11k list they "email when we remember to" - needless to say I've offered to write articles for their newsletter! )

I've worked out a deal with another supplier to set up a website built with their XML feeds - they do all the work - I have to drive traffic to it. Some revenue to me - some revenue to them.
ebay has already started selling our books. We've sold 3 so far which isn't bad considering I'm really only displaying ads for two of our books at the moment and a "mystery" parcel ( u get a book for £1.98 incl. packing when it normally is £6.99 )

We've broken yet another sales record this month.

Pauline has signed up two more outlets.

We're planning a booklaunch to co-incide with the fair at the Olympia. I'm thinking we need to get it done a little AHEAD of time so that the rags & papers have something to write about to put in their papers on the DAY the fair opens.

I've upened - ei? I have OPENED another teleconference call line ( thanks to Gary's 0871 service ) so that I can record interviews, reviews etc with various people who've read our books and for further products.

I also B&P'ed a site although I can't remember which one it was!

Next week?
This weekend I will issue the press release of my fuel book and publish the article I have written for it. I can easily produce 5-6 articles on the fuel subject - all different. ( after all I have 58 tips to pick from )

I will then contact the suppliers again and launch a product aimed at the exhibitors at the fair. I have the sales material to write still.

Other than that, I want to interview a publisher about her experiences getting successful results from Amazon - the benefits of real books over ebooks and her views of what people considering publishing should do.

Eat my words time. I replied to a forum that I would never do a how to product. Only now I have the telephony-technology - and I realised that we DO have some great experiences getting our books into amazon, book stores, niche outlets and so on. So at least if we record it, then it is something we can make some money from later.

so
- press release
- 1 article
- 2 follow up calls to suppliers
- spend 3 hours on Tuesday calling customers
- uploading some more auctions to ebay
- record an interview with a publisher

That should be enough to get on with