Friday, September 16, 2005

what do you do for money honey?

Friday progress 16th of September 16, 2005

So last week was successful. I feel like I have worked less this week but I seem to have achieved stuff at a far greater rate than I have ever done before:

Launched an ebook product. I’ve not done much promotion but I have had sales without an affiliate program, but it helped that I knew of 4 markets where I could promote it to.

I created the camtasia training I committed to do. ( Now I just need to publish the LINK! )

How many websites this week? Only the one, but I have been blogging and pinging the new ones I launched last week and spent some time contacting partners that can promote our books with us.

Am I working 50 hour weeks though? I have no idea. It certainly feels like it is a lot less, but I am finally beginning to get into a rhythm where I can spend an hour a day one something that will yield a relatively immediate income.

I also started an adwords to adsense campaign that have yet to yield any result. I may have picked keywords that are too unpopular…

I bought Power-RSS & RSS Content Builder.

They do pretty much the same thing, and as I found the RSS Content Builder to be far easier to implement on my sites, I asked for a refund of Power-RSS. I don’t like doing that, but my comfort has to be that I gave Adrian some honest feedback of how I thought he could improve his tool.

I also almost had heart failure when my Friday-progress blog was nowhere to be found. Vanished in what I thought was bloggers revenge for my instant blogging and pinging.

Blogging and pining blogger has its risks apparently as if you go over their daily or hourly posting quota to an account it can flag you in their systems and people I know have lost all their blogs doing that. So you can see why I was preparing for my deathbed when 14-15 months worth of blog posts was gone.

Until I found the spelling mistake.

And now I have another blogger account and I have installed wordpress on one of my websites as well.

So the atom feed is still available and should work with any reader that can read atom feeds : http://fridayprogress.blogger.com/atom.xml

Lessons to learn for this week:
I will learn to hate chocolate
I will learn to hate chocolate
I will learn to hate chocolate
I will learn to hate chocolate
I will learn to hate chocolate
I will learn to hate chocolate
I will learn to hate chocolate
I will learn to hate chocolate
I will learn to hate chocolate
I will learn to hate chocolate
One day.
In the mean time I will be clearing some of my time to get going to the gym as per my schedule again. I will also dust off my bike and see if it is of any use.

Other things I commit to: - generate some more inbound links for our publishing websites. I’ve used SEO elite to find some potential linking partners. All I have to do now is overcome the fear that these high PR sites don’t want to link to us. Why wouldn’t they?

Where do I strike the balance between immediate profit and longer term tasks to improve performance of existing sites? That is one question I continue to struggle with. And while I struggle I end up wasting time thinking about it.

So for next week, I will be focusing on generating REAL sales from the publishing business.

I will also promote my new book with some articles and some improved adwords advertising.

And I will work out a strategy for updating & improving the ranking of a site that I have the fits in nicely with an adword strategy I have been thinking about implementing.

But more than anything else, I will shut down this laptop, and spend some time trying to figure out how to split my time between all the things I need to do. When I am overwhelmed I have had this instinct that shuts my brain down and I sit in the garden swing doing nothing for a couple of hours.

Nice, but doesn’t bring home the bacon.