Friday, September 23, 2005

today doesn't seem to be my day

Two parking tickets, one busted printer, a firefox update gone wrong... but at least I don't have to go to a job...
...
So today I spent in the coffee place again and I've managed to progress on another site I was playing with a while back. And that is pretty much all Ihave had time to do this week. The publishing business has taken up most of my time this week with getting an affiliate program problem sorted with the software I am running. We've organised 3 more promotional partners ( one of which has two lists of 50k subscribers ) We have "interviewed" and selected a new DTP and illustrator person, a proof reader, a researcher ( subject matter expert! ) and a photographic artist that is helping us on our next titles and we will outsource some of the work to in future. Pauline and I have also taken business advice that came with my redundancy package and we were given 5 things to "sort out" between now and the 11th of October. One was to determine the long term growth implications of the various options that we have for the future. So I need to think about that. Have launcehd the ebay store for our publishing company. Have sorted out the design problems with our "affiliate" site. ( although the affiliate script is STILL not working ( where the H~~~ is the sendmail function on the blooman 1and1 servers?? ) The lady that gave us the business advice needed a membership script ( and so do Pauline for her latest idea for a membership website ) She needs an income of her own bless her independent soul so if you have it in you to come up with some suggestions feel free! Now I'm off to figure out how to pay the TWO parking tickets we got today! Next week? who knows. We'll see. Something is amiss and I can't put my finger on it. The motivation and hte action is there but the only progress that really inspire me is offline. Maybe it is because it is physical or maybe it is because it is something I have control over. Who knows.
Or maybe it's because I haven't had the kcik up hte backside that I need!
pardon the spelling mistakes - i'm busy!