Friday, August 12, 2005

Websites, Shopping Carts and Money

Next week I will work on selling more books, and on the XSP niche product sites. Those are my main priorities. I’m also going to figure out why my google maps don’t seem to work and have the shopping cart software installed by Wednesday.
:
Ha! I laugh in the face of such easy targets! How vague those first 3 objectives are! Bah humbug what an easy life I lead.
The shopping cart was installed by Wednesday. I spent time over the Monday and Tuesday to install it on a hosting plan that didn’t support perl on IIS. Doh. So as soon as I was told to go for a linux server I did and had it installed and running like a dream on Wednesday. Then spent most of Thursday trying to figure out how to modify the design.
But finally I have a blimmin affiliate program!! Two tier and customizable by each affiliate! Woo hoo!
And that was the one that had a fixed target!!
The other target I had was to make the first seasonal product available via paydotcom by the 15th. The good news there is that I have the raw material for a 60 page ebook and I have the design for the site. Between now and the 15 I have to get the various pages that paydotcom requires me to put in place created and I have to pdf the product and add the links and feedback forms etc in the book it self. Oh, and I need a coverphoto, but I am working on that already. I have a picture of a whopping big turkey dinner from last xmas on a pc somewhere – if not I’ll grab one from my stock photo website.
Now, when you see what product it is you’ll go – Oh for Peters sake Jon, why did you waste your time on such a daft product?
Because I could. Just get it DUNN! That is my goal for this one. And it’ll be available to resell for anyone that are members of our service station too.
But the NICHE that this niche is within is a HUUGE industry and it gives me a foothold to develop further products to sell into the related niches.
Oh and the googlemaps thing is sorted out – google is case sensitive, but does not recognize uppercase … though it seems it is delisting my sites faster than an Australian can take wickets against England talenders.
And I’ve sold more books. Although my priority has been to set up the shopping cart to help some of our partners sell more of our personalized books.
Next week, I’ll have a paydotcom book ready for my NSS members to promote, and I am also giving them a couple of website designs they can play around with in XSP. I’ll start up my adwords cashcow campaign again to see how it goes. And I will be contacting some people about my books.
I also need to find a way to raise a bit over £4k to pay for the things that I need to launch our next title at a tradefair in November. Me has a plan…

Cheers,
Jon
- every day in every way I am getting better and better-