Friday, August 26, 2005

A slow one...

"Next week I will finalise the niche pack & the niche product for an NSS member to review and I will finish the shopping site that I now have setup so that I can promote it with one of our customers.

I will also have a look at adding an ask campaign for the book that we are launching in November, when the digital format is ready and a second campaign for a niche that I had already rejected, but I have now found a couple of possible outlets for the title. We’ll see what I have time for. The top priority is to get this niche pack out and the shopping site set up properly."

Number one: I have NOT finished the niche packs nor the niche product that was the top priority NOR did I finish the design of the shopping site I had set up for my publishing business.

I DID launch an ask campaign using a free formmail account & dreamweaver to create the form for the publishing book and I will launch another ask ( or flycatcher ) campaign next week.

I did NOT do any work at all on the shopping site.

Is this going to slow down my progress. No. Progress happened slowly THIS week, but it does not impact the speed of progress next week.

It will of course mean that I will either deliver the products later or I have to work harder to deliver them on time.

Has my business suffered from me not meeting my objectives? Yes. There are members on the NSS site waiting for stuff to happen.

Has this week been wasted? No.

Resoundingly NO.

I spent an hour or so on the phone to a great trusted friend and mentor trying to figure out what to do with this book launch in November and how I could go about it without breaking the bank. I spent even more time working with book stores, book websites and my wife to sell more books and to get more money for the launch. We worked hard to figure out how to execute a plan that could work for our book.

That took a long time to go through but in the end the instincts told us that taking this on as a financial gamble is too stressful so we're going to work out another way of Launching it.

And we will definitely spend some time at the trade fair to get some publicity for our company & books.

But other than that, my mother is over visiting from Norway until Wednesday so it has been slow this week and I expect it to be slow next week too.

We'll see what I can come up with for goals. The main thing is to get the nichepack ready. the book is already on paydotcom, but the salespage needs serious work! ( http://www.traditionalchristmasrecipes.com/ )

And this is only the lead into the niche. There are more products lined up for Christmas. You should have yours lined up by now too...