Friday, May 12, 2006

Sometimes it is best to shut up

Someone once told me that if you don't have anything meaningful to say, then on't say anything at all.

I feel like that this week.

If there is a lesson here, then this is it:

No matter how experienced you are and how well things are going, sometimes you ARE going to hit a bump in the road. Just make sure to dwell on something else.

But this week has been full of disappointment and setbacks that have been hard to shift attention from.

I am chosing to carry on as I go though, and one positive benefit from it all is that I have begun to realise that my lifeline is in those yucky things that are less than likable.

Gary calls some of these things neccessary steps on the path to greatness. And I am coming 'round to the idea.

Although the content nuggets of mine that I am selling are so far an utter disappointment. I have clearly targetted a niche where value is measured in cost price and not by its potential to add value to the business. An interesting lesson, and a good spurr on to make me use more of the content I create. Which is already adding nicely to the adsense income I am generating so far from few sites with few pages.

I guess proof would be handy for people. And we'll see how many more of these nuggets of mine I can sell before I decide I am better off paying someone to put the content on the sites for me.

Now I want to leave this brief post on a positive note.

Good.