Friday, May 05, 2006

Internet marketing Expert Needs Retuning and Refocusing.

You know what?

2 years and 8 months after I bought googlecash from Chris Carpenter (where’s he gone btw? Left Perry Marshall to do his thing?) I have finally figured something out.

Back then, after a fantastic first 3 months, things were getting a bit more competitive so I decided to branch out from adwords. And I wasted lots of time dealing with my stupid mind.

What I figured out this week is that I am still doing these same stupid things! Looking back in history I can see a pattern developing where I over complicate things.

So my self development headline on the office wall now needs to read something along the lines of:
Oh for goodness sake! It took me 16 attempts to get this sentence out, when all I wanted it to say was “is this the simplest you can do?”

I already have “ how can I progress my business today” and “will this progress my business?”

I think the time has come to help my mind focus even more on the specific actions that will not only bring my business forward, but also actions that MUST be completed in order to secure progress.

And I think this sentence could possibly do it for me:

“Is this strictly speaking required?”

Or

“Is this really necessary?”

Although the latter inspires images in me of someone looking for every kind of shortcut to avoid working. A bit like how my cavalry captain described me 17 years ago when I left.

Did you want me to say something about what I had done so far this week?
Well my task list is back out and getting used actively – I don’t seem able to get anything done anymore without it.
And to my surprise, I am getting through more of the stuff on that list than I expected.
Not on my life will I tell you about what they are though – shhh they are secrets… that you can get at niche health articles.

I have also managed to close most elements of another project and I am looking forward to getting rid of more tasks. Especially as it got me really fed up that I had to work about 30 hours over the bank holiday weekend because some of my automation software isn’t working correctly at the moment.

But anyway, I’m sure that the ONE project I am running for myself at the moment should be ready sooner rather than later…
Jon