Friday, February 10, 2006

Where are the butterflies?

Did alot this week:
  • Started on 4 more niche nuggets.
  • Started working on a new sales letter.
  • Gathered some material on 12 other niches for a different project
  • Set up a new filing system for my project paperwork ( I never seem to cope with ring binders and paper piles up everywhere, so now I have magazine racks, one for each project, on my shelf )

What else I got up to?

Well, the days are beginning to blur. My thursday chats with Gary and my Wednesday and Saturday Chats with my offline business partner lets me keep track of what day of the week it is, and the bit in between is filled with research and hunting trips for hungry crowds of people.

Not that I can say I have found any new ones that make much sense. I seem to trip up when I try finding out where these crowds hang out. ( as in I can't figure it out )

Seems to me I should begin to attract people that have access to these crowds, want to capitalize on them, but don't quite know how.

But WOW what a week this has been, lesson wise.

I have discovered I don't know as much as I think I do.

I guess it's about time I learnt that one, but as I get to speak to successful people alot more now that I work closely with 3 of them and still have time to read Martins kickstarts, it has been made even more apparent to me this week.

Firstly because Gary pointed out to me a flaw in my sales sequence on my websites and secondly because Martin corrected my understanding of what a Non-Response Disruptor actually is and what it requires.

Not to mention the lesson Mike Filsame gave me about viral marketing when I spoke to him earlier this week. ( or was it last week I can't remember? ) and would you believe my pet nuisance, perry marshall is beginning to grow on me - his newsletter today is talking about the "problem with misplaced positive thinking"

- and reading what he has to say I can only diagnose myself as suffering with this illusion. He's not knocking a positive attitude in his email, far from it. What he is saying is that you can't succeed in anything if all you rely on is your positive, long term, dreamy attitude. You have to have some realism in there.

You have to have keep an eye on the grim truth of the day to day realities.

and I think you'll recognise this if you think back to a past goal you failed to achieve. A goal you had pinned all your hopes on and you had a deadline, an action plan and you still did not achieve it and it made you feel really crap when you failed to achieve the goal.

Perry says to have faith that you will prevail, but don't confuse it with the dicipline required to confront the brutal facts of your current reality. Boy is that true for me. the faith is there, and thankfully now with a self employed opportunity to make as much part time as I used to make full time ( not counting the tax implications... ) my finances are looking up.

Looking forward to next week and applying myself with more determination to build a more secure future for myself and my family.

Jon