Friday, December 23, 2005

Star signs, heart disease and hope to all!

This week has been a LOONG week, which is a good sign.

Over the weekend a commissioned a job on a freelancing website, and I am worried that my choice of developer was a little hasty as I ended up going for the cheap guy.

It’s my first outsourcing job and so far it’s a good experience but I asked loads of questions first from the developer to make sure they knew what I wanted.

Then I picked someone else instead - J

What else is there to report? As I said it’s been a long week so let me start back on Monday and see what I did then; Research – writing – editing, getting a part time job (in marketing) to keep the bank happy on a long term basis. Pauline also spoke to the business bankers. They have as much power over the decisions as a male praying mantis has over his fate if he chooses to copulate with a female praying mantis.

There upside to the chat with the business bank though is that the bank staff – once again – decided to buy some of our books. The staff members at this branch are insatiable!

Tuesday I spent all of the afternoon with someone discussing a potentially very lucrative offline venture. I’ll have to see what comes of it, but it’s all good.

Wednesday I took the liberty of doing some Christmas shopping, without actually having anything to buy. So I ended up in my coffee shop drinking coffee and checking out some more information about an affiliate program related solution I have been looking for. I will learn this tool one day as it is rather amazing to watch what it can do. And I haven’t even had to pay for it yet!

Thursday was effectively wasted as I sat down to look at the list of people I could contact about the nugget thing. The immediate urgency has been taken away and the panic has therefore dissipated and I am doing something that used to bug me and my manager in my sales job before I left – I pre-DIS-qualified leads before I even had a chance to qualify them. That might only make sense to sales people. It wouldn’t have meant anything to me before I had sales experience.

I will pick up my walks again as I had put them off when my cough was getting worse. ( I do wish there was an easy way to get to see a doctor! ) Amazing what a massive dose of vitamin C can do for you.

Today? It’s the day before Christmas and I have had other things to do than business! J

Next week? Lose some weight, get more exercise and get a little bit of planning done for next year. ( and get those products ready for launch – the magic pill one is nearly ready but Pauline has taken Christmas holiday now that the bank has stopped harassing her.