Friday, December 30, 2005

Christmas, City breaks & holiday time - what does it mean to you? To me it means...

This week I have mostly had a family holiday. Plus tested and completed my first software outsourcing project.
Which was nice.

I did manage to have about a hours walk yesterday, but it was negated by the buffet restaurant we had the family lunch in later... Although in respect of weight loss I am hoping for a roaring success!

I have a sneaky feeling todays post will be a bunch of paragraphs of all the things I did. And for once the list of not done list is shorter than the done list. Mainly because I didn’t write one, but also because I had so few things planned for this week, I managed to do more than I intended.

I know some people try to be different and tell me they are not going to tell me to plan my year ahead this week, but heck – that dude with the magical product launch formula does it so then obviously so must I. :o) (sarcasm) I am a follower after all (/sarcasm)

I did say plan SOME, and to my shock I discovered that I can set a goal for this year by looking at what I realistically can earn from one of my ventures. Although there was one flaw – I didn’t have an exact measure of how long it takes for me to create one of them nugget things from start to finish. So I spent all of the morning yesterday working on it. Then I spent another hour in the morning today before the office demanded a good tidy up and the living room requested a vacuum and some business demanded attention in town. But I basically found out two things

Lesson 1:
The first proper pass at a full nugget took me 7 hours to complete. I must be a sucker for punishment as I hate to create something that isn’t original, but why on EARTH do I put in the effort to use my own words if people only re-write it anyway before they put it in their responders or their content rotators even though the nuggets are so short it is strictly speaking not necessary?!?
Which leads me on to Lesson number two.

Lesson 2:
I am now able to generate a vast and comprehensive compendium of research information on ANY niche you give me relating to competing digital products, related websites and paperback or hardback books on the subject.

==
So basically, I have found out that I am gaining access to some markets that could mean that I could realistically gross a very tidy sum in 2006. Although I knew that would be made possible for me this year. I am just so grateful it’s happing.

Other than that I am being subjected to all sorts of essential oils and ointments at the moment to help me focus. That and the boost of energy that is building are going to come in very handy as I work on a solution to fit everything in.
And you know what for next week, I know that I will be one of a very few people working on the Monday. I’m meeting a client in a hotel to start on the project I am working on with her. On Tuesday Pauline starts her new job and I have to send in the contract for mine. With me now becoming the primary childcare dropper offer and picker upper, it means I have a fixed amount of time for the next two weeks where I can kick things into motion. After that and for at for at least the next 6 months I have mainly afternoons and evenings at my personal disposal. The good thing is that I am set to learn a lot of great things from the job that I have taken. And it is getting me out of the house.

It is very tempting to create a schedule, but the way I have done it before never worked. I will find a new way of doing it that is flexible enough for my “life”.
Oh and the blooming tax returns!