Friday, December 16, 2005

Thank you to the banks for helping me understand I am among the successful people - they will know that soon!

I think it is time to just have some change around here, just to liven things up.

It’s not like the rest of the week has had any excitement in it – oh I lie!

Although, as Gary kindly reminded me on Tuesday, I get what I focus on, so I will only point out that I gratefully received some financial education from not one bank but 3 this week. One of these educational sessions resulted in our mortgage balance receiving a rather generous credit as the bank in question realized they had rather substantially overcharged us interest for a rather lengthy period of time. As that was the last lesson we received this week I am expecting the money to start flowing our way again.

There is other evidence to support this as well – Pauline’s http://www.calendars4all.co.uk/ website has nearly sold out of stock on all but the Couples calendars.
Amazon sales have picked up and so has Ebay and a few other figures are pointing in the right direction. So now I know I am on the right track.

The offline business idea is moving along nicely and again, I managed to achieve some clarity on my second call with Gary. I also spoke to Martin a sterling chap (congratulations to Hannah and Alex by the way) about a few things that if nothing else, I will learn a tremendous amount from. My 4 pages of notes are still on my desk but the will be transformed this weekend as I have a number of things to get on with in order of priority:

- get on and create more money making products for the markets I have to hand
- approach new market opportunities for additional, related services to those that I already work with.
- automation & outsourcing opportunities ( found the seeds for a solution to both of the things I spoke to Gary about )
- website strategy and restructuring of the collective publishing website.

Paulines 11 years experience and accreditation in a particular field makes her the perfect author of what I hope to become a series of books utilizing her expertise to solve peoples pains. I mean, is ANYone here at all in the market for something that helps them become more productive by making your brain think clearer, make you better at concentrating on one thing for longer periods of time and makes you focus on the right things?

Anyway. I’ve got things to get on with. Ebay stuff and more, so apologies for not writing more. The rest is in my private blog on the link below.

PS, needless to say I am grateful that I have been given the opportunity to feel a bit of pressure. Strangely enough though, both Pauline and I are blissfully looking forward to the excellently successful years ahead.

Thanks,
Jon