Friday, December 09, 2005

Yellow Alert.

Friday Progress 9 December

What was my throw-away comment at the end of my post last week?

“I’ll play with thingamablog”.

Apart from launching a bunch of ebay auctions and launching ONE of the 3 niche nuggets – I haven’t done much else. It’s fun to play with though and the draft function is pretty darn handy if you want to pre write the bulk of your blog posts in one sitting.

Funnily enough, my niche nuggets are perfectly made for that J

I have no idea where this week went. It’s gone and I can honestly look back and it and struggle to remember what I achieved. There is the roll of wallpaper full of my business plan mind map for my niche info publishing offering.

I have increased the price of the niche nuggets simply because I started them off too cheaply.

I have started to throw my name around on the warriors forum. Although I doubt my nuggets will be of any value to anyone there as the content seems to be too targeted for them. We’ll see when I have enough posts to post a WSO. And at a REGULAR retail price of $10 – I have thoroughly shafted myself.

Lesson learnt: Don’t price yourself too low basically!

I have also had to have meaningless exchanges with the bank managers again and have off loaded some more assets to pay off parts of the overdraft.

Thankfully when I worked at IBM I won a wad of John Lewis vouchers so we are scrounging for damaged and reduced stock at Waitrose these days ( At The Haut Couture end outlet of British grocery stores ). We may not have a regular income coming in every month, but goose pate and German smoked ham are the sort of treats one has to suffer with when one has to purchase food with vouchers. Makes it all more fun in my book J but it’s scary how many of these vouchers we have to hand over in comparison to how much something similar would cost as the WalMart representative in the UK. ( Asda )

So that’s my life this week. I’m glad I didn’t realize this could be happening when I left employment, but hell is it better than what I had before!

I’ve some how managed to misplace my links to NPB so until I find that I have to look for content to add to my other sites manually.

And in all this rush to make more money, the publishing business marketing & sales has been neglected to my peril. But heck, it’s Christmas soon and I’ve run out of money in 4 weeks – well not strictly true – my nuggets are making me money. Time to find the market offline.
I have defined my target audience, but I would love to come up with what my USP would be. I have a pretty clear idea how I can reach them – someone offering me an opportunity to take on a part time job runs a marketing company in Southampton so I might speak to him and see what I can offer his customers.

I have some more details in my private forum before the end of the weekend – I have a wedding to go to for someone I hardly know full of a punch of people I hardly know – so I must obviously be meant to meet someone that could benefit from my business services.

Next week? Get rid of this Lung Cancer nugget that is doing my nugget in! I am going insane over it.

I also have two more I can work on, but to be honest, the nicheology forum is dead as a dodo and we’ll see about the warriors forum.

Hunting money is certainly NOT the attitude to take to generate a massive income quickly!