Monday, November 21, 2005

Patsy Palmer comes dancing, Akon comes rapping, Jon makes the R&B industry swing! & LIberty x drives off!

Weyhey what a weekend -

We blasted out all the leaflets that were supposed to last us all weekedn in one day and walked around the trade exhibition with our tee shirts promoting our books for the rest of it.
We come home and find a number of ordrers in our inbox and a swelling subscriber list.
We stayed at a pretty decent hotel simply because it was the cheapest good hotel hotel close to the Olympia exhibition grounds in London.

We also had it recommended by a friend in the media & entertainment industry.
I hadn't expected the kind of clientel it had though!

For breakfast my son decides to interupt Patsy Palmer ( Bianca in Eastenders ) while she was powdering her nose. ( with make up - Patsy's a sound lass and nothing like Kate Moss )

For lunch my son ( ever the celebrity spotter ) spotted the blonde bloke out of Liberty X. My 3 year old son is not a fan of Liberty X - he is just obsessed with BMW's - which is what caught HIS eye - it was ME who noticed the bloke getting into the car.

In the evening after dinner we finally decided to find out who these american guys with the serious "bling" were and my step daughters ringtone finally did it when it rung and the guys sorta did a double take and laughted.

Akon, a teen rap idol was in town and the only performance we got from him was via the ring tone on my step daughters phone - but he WAS at our hotel and we did meet him ( no photos though - and I wasn't going to discuss it with his substantial entorage!! )

At the end of the evening i noticed a quiet chap sat at the end of the bar with an orange juice, a pen and a notepad looking remarkably similar to an incredibly famour song writer, but I just can't think of who he is. ho hum!

but yeah, our book launch went well and the event went well - I am selling a tiny dinky little product that is actually selling and I met some other famous people as well but I'll tell you more about that in my private forum ( everybody who's registered has been given access to the friday progress forum - you may have to log in twice to see it )

I see more markets to implement my little products into than I can ever work on on my own, but thankfully JV propositions are already coming in. I also have a writer to help me out with some of the work.

I spent some time in the earlier part of the week working on the next product of mine. I will have lots of things to do on two other things as well this week ( preparation for a seminar this Friday and publishing company followup, plus a quick job for a day to make some quick money ))

I'd better leave it at that - i'm so excited having met the liberty x bloke, patsy palmer ( she's really friendly ) and Akon.

Now to make the week perfect - I MUST findout who that bloke at the bar was!

Cheers,
Jon