Friday, July 08, 2005

Carry On regardless

This week I made my first sales by personally calling a book chain of stores. It was a bit short of the weekly target but it was more than we would have taken in if I hadn't made the calls.
I have the rest of the chain to call next week and then on to other chains to drive sales in there. But there is an opportunity there at least to generate some sales.
I have also made a little progress on the various NSS projects we've got running. I really enjoy the hands on supporting of our members but we could certainly benefit from having organised some of our resources a little more effectively.
I knocked up a little site in xsitepro to test google sitemapping and the result is here:
http://www.nicheservicestation.com/googled_in_60_seconds.html

and the end result was baffling to say the least...
I've built another site with xsitepro which is a test site for a potential future niche for the service station. So I won't tell you what that one is on just yet.
the service station now tallies 34 members, without any real promotion of any kind.
I'll meet up with Andy this weekend to sort out the missing details. I suspect it will be a very VERY long rapid results event!
I am enjoying the limited freedom that I have gained from giving up gainful employment but it is still feeling a little like I am on holiday...
I have also taken up walking for an hour or so in the evening listening to weird people like Peter Twist & Mark Vurnum and a few other strange characters talking about internet marketing. ( iRiver Martin? bah! get the real stuff ! A sony NW of course! ) (admittedly you win on the name front.. ) ( MY next gadget purchase might be a tablet PC...which is effectively a pda style PC the size of a laptop)

Between now and next week - get on top of the niche service station stuff and contiue to increase my publishing sales.

As for London, all I am going to say on that matter is that I am not going to let the terrorist virus take up more of my time than it already has. I feel for those that have been directly affected and I can only imagine how lucky yet saddened some people feel today. Like those that had family in London , or those that would have had family in London if it wasn't for a change of circumstance. I have had my moment to reflect and I have offered a thought to those that suffered. Now I intend to honour their sacrifice by ignoring the chaos that the terrorists are trying to create and take on the spirit of one of the WW2 veterans caught up in the chaos on his way to a Veteran reunion:

"We've gone through this and worse before you know. I'll get to where I need to be soon enough. London is London "

He said this with a smile and it looked to me as if he knew what this would do to peoples spirits and how they would come together and help each other.

And that was far more than I intended to say.