Friday, June 03, 2005

Niche Service Station Progressing

This week I have mainly focused on the JV. There was a really long list of things to do, but we've done loads of them already so I feel great about that.

The rest of the time I have spent feel, well spent. seriously knackered i guess is another way to describe it. I've almost fallen over for no reason - and I've been doing it a number of times a day. Suddenly the ground gives way and I have to catch myself before falling flat on my face.
Oh and in addition I have this strange flu that keeps on varying in strength.
So with great trepidation I called my GP from work and asked to see him.
"Hayfever made worse by sleep depravation caused most likely by sleep apnea brought on by weight gain" ( yeah, i've shot up from 116.5 to 120.5 kg in the last few weeks. ( half a stone ) )
So the fatigue & dizziness is because I'm not getting quality sleep when I sleep. The flu i had wasn't flu after all.
So things are quite good after all! Shame... :o)
What's happening on other things? Not much change to be honest. Haven't worked on any of them this week at all so I expect them all to be ticking over nicely. Although adsense dropped off around the middle of May and hasn't picked up yet.
I also have to tend to the traffic generation activities of some of my other sites. One site I bought hosting for a month or so ago I haven't even sorted & uploaded yet!
I'm looking forward to getting the launch out of the way because then I can start to play with my new thinkpad ( sorry but factually, every OTHER laptop is just a poor copy if the thinkpad, the FIRST true laptop ) T41 that I got on the door today.
And get xsitepro. ( which we're giving away FREE with our membership site - we are infact BUYING it for our members)

Oh, do you remember that we published a book in March? Well it's currently set to be profitable before we expected, which is nice! So I'm gonna leave my employment and become a house husband. My new life starts on the 4th of July.

Next week, who knows what might happen. We'll be bringing on board our first testers and open it up to the early birds and then tweak and learn as we go.

I'm excited and apprehensive. I know what we offer will make a difference to our members, but can we get enough members to get critical mass, that's the question... For the price, I can't see why not, but who knows. And there are two of us from July being available to support our members full time so there is nothing lacking there.

Right, falling into the "superior product trap" again. Easy when we're making a superior product: PERSONAL care, attention & follow up. Making a rod for ourselves? Only if we don't enjoy it.
But is there a market for this and do we know where the market hangs out? Yup.
Are we Unique? I think so.
But not to worry, come the 4th of July I will have other things to focus on in this blog!