Friday, June 17, 2005

haircut 100, no thanks, just a trim around the head!

On a mission yesterday to cut my hair to a more manageable "look". A trim around the ears is enough surely?

Oh, i'll do it myself.

say hello to mr brillo pad.

Anyway. This week has been utterly inspirational. I've been speaking to so many people that WANT to be successful and that WANT to be held accountable it's amazing.

We were told when we started to talk to people and potential partners about what we wanted to do, that we needed to make sure that we gave people what we want and not what they need.

The great news is that what we are providing seems to be in every way exactly what they want.

Which is incredibly inspirational for one single reason:

When I was working in a pc hell-center 8 years ago I told myself that my ultimate dream would be to work with people that would WANT to talk to me and would be positive about what we talked about and were actively seeking out my assistance because they felt that my assistance would add value to them. And that would listen and apreciate what I had to say.

I know it's early days. I know it is only the first call and I know we still have to prove to them that we are capable of delivering this value consistently and over time, but we're planning to reuse alot of the lessons we're learning.

We've got some great people on board willing and able to work hard to achieve their success. If a number of these people also start to work together to create wealth for each other and with each other, then it can become an amazing community.

And they give every impression that what we offer them in our calls are of genuine value to them and they appreciate what we are doing...

And I'm only 34.

Last week I said I was going to do all my jv tasks
and i did.

Last week.. etc: help pauline redo the website designs
the designs have been updated.

prepare for post-employment life
Well this one is so vague it's worthless really. But what I did was to take some days off, and I have also organised it so that I can do some merchandising a day a week- just to get out of the house on a regular basis. I've also started to look at ways to organise my working time in an way that is productive for NSS, the publishing business and the rest.

Also found out this week that it is increadibly easy for pauline and i to set up an ondemand printing business, but that is actually labour that doesn't really leverage our time. But I've already had someone tell me she'll have all her ebooks printed with me if I DO go for it.

I did in fact learn the basics of xsitepro.
and the tutorial site is up there to prove it.

Now all I have to do is crank out the content sites with it.
Should be easy...

Replicate the "experiment" is the only one i didn't do. It's not a time consuming task at all, but I am making things far to complicated for myself.

So i WILL have put up a page to experiment with before Sunday night or I will...

shave all my hair off? nah too late. Did that last night...

next week there are some more calls to do, and som excellent content to be added to the jv site.

I have to work out with pauline a structure for how to work when I leave employment.

I WILL be putting an experimental page up.

and I WILL create a content site with xsitepro.

For now, I'll sign off and have a short evening relaxing before it is my day off to spend with the family.

See ya,
Jon