Friday, May 13, 2005

Woohoo! My lucky day!

Friday the 13th is always a watershed day for me, or something really nice happens on the day itself. Usually late in the evening!
Ok, time to let my nimble 116.5 kg frame review last weeks performance.
-----------------------
1. Do all the tasks the success principles book asks me to do
I've done as many as it asked me to do. Simply because I didn't read any in it! So DUNN - but for the wrong reasons :o)
------------------------
2. Read / Listen to all the messages I have received so far from the success website and take action on them
This one I actually did. The autoresponder from the success principles website sends out daily messages and I am reasonably well on top of them . Will get on top of them before the evening is out.
--------------------------
3. Another 2 Rapid Results Evenings this week. Saturday night and Monday night.
Yup. Did 3 infact is it makes such a difference. Although I need to make sure I don't do any more than three as I think it might loose the effect if I do it too much.
---------------------------
4. Complete 7 tasks on my task list.
DUNN. Worked mainly on the ebay tasks and my business. Still need to get an offer letter out to one of the new suppliers. Although we got orders from two other new customers this week. As in retail outlets.
---------------------------
5. JV tasks
Andy, Paul, Did I do them all? I know I did at least one! ;o)
----------------------------
Next week:

- 3 Rapid Results Evenings
- One birthday party to celebrate my 34th birthday
- One hotdog and icecream evening to celebrate the Norwegian constitution day on the 17th. ( It's hard to explain this one, but I will on Tuesday )
- Work through my to-d... hah! task list.
And I will go to the gym at least once.

-----------l-e-s-s-o-n-s---------
You know what I'm finding? that it is beginning to get easier to do things that are uncomfortable to do. Or at least I think they are uncomfortable before I start. Usually they work out really well. My guess is that it's because I am doing this progress stuff every week, but I have also decided that every time I feel like not doing something, just "casue I don't want to", I make myself do it straight away.

I think it was Martin that said in one of his currently irregular daily kickstarts that I should aim to do the difficult things first in the day so that they are out of the way and I can then crack on to do the nice bits later on in the day.

So I have been going to work around 7am this week to get more done. ;o)

I may have not many weeks left and so I need to leave my patch in a good state for someone else to follow up for the latter half of the year. Then again, I may have many more months or years left to go, as I am learning lots from this job, and the best part of the year is about to come around, so from a sales bonus point of view, I am insanely stupid if I leave.

But it is a good principle to apply if you're working from home for instance.

I posted a response on Kimis newbie netowrk forum about accountability blogs and I suggest you go there to read it if you're interested: http://www.newbie-network.com/webbbs/webbbs_config.pl?read=1626
(re-framing existing content - see, I'm learning Gary!)

Here is a strange thing that's happening to me though.

Remember I said I am going to work at 7am?
Obviously this means I am getting up earlier and working longer hours. But I'm feeling better for it! I am not sleeping any less, I am just not lazing about as long as I normally would be. When your son is two and a half you rarely sleep past 6:30 anyway! but for some reason, I am feeling more energetic when I get up within 10-15 minutes after he walks in, have my shower, grab my cereal and go out the door.

Maybe it has something to do with me not having time for my morning coffee anymore...

Anyway. I've got work to do!

Cheers,
Jon
+ every day in every way I am getting better and better +