Friday, April 29, 2005

Tonsilitis Progress

Reading through last weeks post, I'm not sure I committed to anything at all?

Whops! But makes for an excellent week for me!

Unless you count the Tonsilitis I have had since Saturday. 5 days off work driving my wife up the wall with my constant motivational talks. ( you try sitting in your office or bed room or living room for a whole week because you may still be contagious. )

Or the chest infection my son has picked up from somewhere.
Penicillin administered to me, some yellow antibiotics for him and we're both on the mend, I have suffered through the pain, hoping that the severe discomfort when eating would have helped somewhat in the weight department:

the needle rests at 116kg
hmm. I suppose all that soothing icecream might be to blame. And the sweet and sour chicken balls I had yesterday. Right, I'd better go and look for that diet of mine again.

You know that gym membership I got for valentines day? I still don't have running shoes! They have a nice pool that I have used, but no shoes, no access to the equipment in the gym. ( my socks were almost clean... )

I digress.
This week I have mostly been writing content for our brilliant new service. I suggest you have a peak at the website and send andy an email if he's ever been helpful and if you'd want to know what we're up to:
http://www.nicheservicestation.com/ ( yes I know it needs work, but we're busy doing other things to get ready! )

The publishing business has been ticking over nicely without much interference from us this week. Our interference does have a positive impact, but atleast the "biz" will actually make us an income without us doing any more promotion at this stage.
Although having it "ticking over" isn't the ambition.

We've also discovered this week a channel that we have not touched, but who is responsible for 14 percent of the book sales in the UK. So in the last two weeks we've been able to approach two new channels and about 4 companies that already offer competing titles in their product range. and they could potentially add over a 5th to our current sales.

The "unreasonable" company should expect a letter next week.

Although my sales training tells me my wife should really make an effort to meet the decision maker to find out what else they are up to.

But then I DO have a tendency to make things overly complicated.

Adsense & adwords? Don't make me cry. Once the content work is out of the way, I need to spend some time getting my niche sites some traffic. Because the google income has all but vanished for me and it needs replacing somehow.

Due to the massivly lacklustre response to the idea of me re-purposing some of my blog entries into a book and selling it, I have decided to shelve that idea for now :o)

COMMITMENTS:
1. Buy running shoes after sorting out bank signatures with Andy and the nice but dim people of HSBC.
2. Complete other tasks for the JV company.
3. Complete 7 tasks on my task list.
4. Spend at least 2 hours this week reading "The success principles" and "the mind gym".
5. ( this is getting too long! ) try a Rapid Results approach on Saturday night.
6. Set tasks for the Rapid Results Evening.

Cheers,
Jon
Still Progressing.