Friday, February 25, 2005

Surprisingly early this week. I might be going to Birmingham on short notice so I'm getting this out of the way just in case.

I'll return to my "by project" style I used in the early days this week, and follow the progresses by 3 of my projects:

= JV

Last week I aimed to finish some tasks that I had been given for my JV. I DUNN one fo them and has made progress on all the others. I expect that I will be able to get closure on many of the others if I manage to get to Birmingham this weekend
I'll continue to progress the tasks I have for this. When I can give you more details, I will.

= Publishing Business:

last week I said I would write 5 articles. I have written one. If I am not travelling to Birmingham this weekend, I will be writing another 3 or 4 tonight
Our book is going to be available in the shops from the 15th of March and I need to create a marketing "torrent" between now and then and I have already committed to deliver a plan to the CEO ( the missus ) before Sunday for how to create this.

= Internet business

To be honest, there is not a lot of profit here this month. The campaigns do pay for themselves and then some, so it is really becoming pressing to get some products of my own out there. But will I get it from Ain't Done to DUNN?
Consider this, I have 10 to 16 hours available every week. Sounds like lots. Right. There is only one thing for it.
Use Nice Portal Builder!

No. It'll have to wait. I need to work on some templates, I have 3 domains to fill with content but other things are more pressing at the moment. It would be SO easy to get these things done and it seems to be a great idea to tap into these micro niches to generate some income. I might get to it if I manage the time properly this comming week.

=> Lessons Learnt:
Loads!!

One, There is time to create some focus again. I have had a look at what I do in the evenings and there is unfortunately a lot of time spent NOT pursuing the things that will accellerate my business. Easily done, but now that I am aware of it I will focus on eliminating that behaviour.

Two, what a great Idea to-do lists are! Rob And Kim has started their own blogs to make themselves accountable for their progress. The competition has spurred me on, but it has also allowed me to revisit a trick that I apparently used a while back but have forgotten about: Daily to-do lists!
BOY has this made a difference! Have I achieved everything on it? Erm - NO, but I have most definitely achieved MORe than the week before.

Three: Top priority post it notes. Thanks Martin. It helped. Did all three of them before Tuesday. I wonder though, should I add a new post it when I'm done in advance? ;o)

There was also something else I learnt yesterday, but I forgot what it was. I have forgotten more stuff this week than what I have achieved. Like where my credit card is...

=> So to Summarise:
Top priority is the marketing torrent for my publishing business.
Second priority is the JV related work.
Third priority is the Internet business product creation for passive income creation.

But apologies, I am off to find my credit card...