Friday, March 04, 2005

preparation is the breakfast of champions

that was the accolade I got this lunch time after finishing my sales presentation course. I'll come back to that later. I'm drunk already so please remind me...


=> Last week Priorities:
Top priority is the marketing torrent for my publishing business.
Second priority is the JV related work.
Third priority is the Internet business product creation for passive income creation.

First things first,
I have started to create the marketing "torrent" for our latest book. Anyone care to help me spread the loving word can drop me a line. We're doing well but we need to do better as we're suffering under the heels of a dominant market player.
I'm also updating the blog and I will be adding a directory with articles to the website so I can link directly back to it on the website from the blog.

JV related work. I had the pleasure of half a day off this afternoon, so I was around to all the local banks to find out their business banking charges. We need to open up a business bank account you see.
Rip off merchants. I'm tempted to open a bank just to avoid having to use any of them, but I think' I'll settle for buying their shares. 30 BILLION pounds profit they made this year. The top 5-6 banks that is.
Profit.
And people are stupid enough to continue to use them.

And I have yet to create any products that give me passive income.

I spent the weekend in Birmingham, and it was really excellent to get to meet up with my JV partners and with so many other clever people. I learnt a couple of things that I wanted to put into practice, but I never got around to it.
I am almost hoping that I'll get a separation package so I can get on with creating these products, but I am using lack of time as an excuse.

Evidence: this lunch time I got back from my week long sales traing course and went to town for two hours to check out the banks. I got home and had some essential play time with my son and then got some dinner going. Interestingly, I also learnt why coastal nations traditionally eat fish on Fridays.
Between now and then I have produced NOTHING.
not a single web page, an article or anything else.
I have sat in front of the computer for nearly 3 hours and I have achieved NOTHING. I have tested a few scripts, posted on some forums and generally done very little to progress myself towards my goals.
So it is time to have a serious look at what it is that I do with my time online and be more rutheless with it.

Simply because my business demands it.
My JV partners demand it. ( and deserve it )
And my financial position demands it.

On a positive side, my adsense has hit a mile stone this week.

The rest of this week? Goodness knows where it has gone.
I have a to do list longer than my arm that I need to finish before my Sunday night publishing company meeting and I also have loads to spend some time with the family.
But this week was actually REALLY good. I spent it out of the office and in a class room environment getting sales training. At the end of it today, I was given recognition for presenting the best sales presentation that had EVER been presented to that particular class. EVER!

Which was cool!

So now I am off to see if there was a second bottle of red wine in that gift bag.... should be as I've been drinking out of two glasses for the last 20 minutes...