Friday, December 03, 2004

Inspired, Tired & Strangely Empty

How I'm Doing This week:
There will be very little excitement over the next few weeks thankyouverymuch.

I can tell you now that the goals, project and everything else will change very little, if any at all.

There is STILL the small issue of whether I should leave my job in the hope that something bigger and better will come along and replace the income I am currently getting as the only one with a regular salary. I am hoping it may have somthing super highway-esque about it.

So generally, I am feeling pretty fed up, tired, drained but inspired. Perplexing doesn't even begin to describe the emotional state I am in. But at least I keep on moving.

Current Goals:

= My Clickbank Money book: One evening a week at least ( up to 3 hours )
= Our Business must grow ( 2 to 3 Evenings a week ) - 6 to 9 hours )
= Succeeding in my new job. It is commission based and I need to focus on getting great.


New things I will TRY to do:

Still List & Sell the 43 things I have marked for ebay sales. I am also going to launch some sales efforts from ebay that relates to a product from our business. It seems the logical place to try it. and maybe on froogle as well


Things I am Dropping:

Anyone want to help me automate more content creation on my money site? This business takes up so much time I really don't seem to get around to it. The alternative is to drop it, which is a shame as we've put in some good effort getting it out there.

Last Weeks Achievements:

I have finished writing my book!! Now I need to decide what to do with it, or how to publish it. It's never ending this book writing lark!

I created an exercise schedule. Then I ignored it. Someone else recognise themselves?

And don't get me started on my newsletter! I just don't seem to get the time. I know I could put aside maybe 20 minutes a week writing about money. I know I can do that every day. But Now there are so many things to do and so little time to do it in. It's just not important enough to get done.

Our business is humming along. My wife went to an industry fair back in November and our sales on amazon has since picked up quite dramatically. The most selling title used to be on position number 59 THOUSAND on the best selling list. Now it is in the top 5 thousand. Compare that against the 120 THOUSAND new titles published EVERY YEAR and be suitably impressed when I say that that particular title was first printed in 1999. I have also set up google advertising which is directing 3-8 clicks through to our books on amazon every day. I have also set up a campaign that will hopefully send clicks through to our website, although that campaign is on "manual approval" keywords according to google... go figure. I will be setting up an ebay campaign and an ecommerce solution for it. I want to use paypal, but I am having difficulties convincing the CEO that it is better to give people SOME means of electronic payment than none at all.

Yeah. work. Making calls to customers now. Which is suitably amusing. Called maybe 5 customers. 2 of them is interested in doing business on specific projects, NOW. The other three will let me know more about their projects when I ring them back in January. If selling continues to be this easy, I'll be a very rich heart attack victim within the next 8 years.

Next Weeks Targets:

= Proof read & edit the book
= follow exercise schedule
= Complete all assigned business tasks
= moneytips newsletter ( You just HAVE to have one of these perpetual goals on your to-do list. Might as well make it obvious which one it is ;o) )
= pick up my ebay selling again

This weeks lessons:

There is only one thing that stands out for me this week. It relates to the post I made on MArtins forum ( )
and that is that I do not link goals with rewards. If I do all the things I should do with my exercise, what will be my reward? NO Idea! So maybe that's why I don't put so much effort in?

I also need to write down my business goals for myself, as I seem to forget I need to do them until later in the week.