Saturday, October 23, 2004

A Day Late, but what a day it's been!

I have a good excuse! I usually do come up with some sterling reasons why I failed to do what I said I was supposed to do. It's something I have perfected over the years.

I didn't mention it in last weeks post, but yesterday, after a hard day at work ( new job that unfortunately requires me to work 5 days a week in the office again. ) I had to drive from the sunny coast of Hampshire all the way up to Lincolnshire in a great big van.

Why?
To exchange contracts and complete the purchase of our business and to take posession of the equipment & stock and to transport it back down again.

We weren't going to do that last night obviously! :o) There are limits to Paulines super human abilities. We drove up last night because we didn't fancy a 4-5 hour drive in a van on a very very VERY early Saturday Morning, do 3 hours of VERY hard physical labour, and then drive 4-5 hours back down again. Only to spend another 3 hours emptying the van we worked so hard to fill!

So we arrived at the premises at 10am, loaded up the van until about 1pm, had lunch, signed the contract and handed over the balance of the money.

And I mean MONEY! The bank has a limit to how much money you can transfer electronically in any given period, and the purchase price exceeded that. But ask for help and you wouldn't believe how many £20 notes a bank will have available on a Friday afternoon.

And one bank clerk in Newark probably thought something dodgy was going on in the neighbourhood when a bloke strode in with wads and wads of £20 notes to deposit this Saturday afternoon.


No I haven't written anything on my money book.
No I haven't added content to the money website every day.
No I haven't published a newsletter yet. I've written it twice, and it's vanished off my site twice but I haven't published it.
Yes I have exercised. Twice. Plus loading and off loading a van today. I am also walking the stairs at work instead of taking the lift.
Yes we did clear enough space for the books.
Yes I did host the call ( but I got there late! )
Yes I am on top of google.
yes I have also launched two new campaigns.
Yes, I have stopped them again as they were just about breaking even.
Yes, I lied: they heammoraged money.
Yes I have been working 5 days in the office, 10 hours a day. I have so much to learn it's insane.
Yes I have gone to bed before 9 on two of those working days.

Yes, I WILL finish the clickbank money book before the 3rd of January ( as I MAY be going to Las Vegas for 9 days from around the 9th for my new job - depends on if they think I should go to this business event. Don't shout too loudly. Vegas stands for everything I detest in this world so it's not an experience I am looking forward to.. )

Yes I will be devoting the next 2 and a half months to 3 things:

= My Clickbank Money book: One evening a week at least ( up to 3 hours )

= Our Business ( 2 to 3 Evenings a week ) - 6 to 9 hours )

= Succeeding in my new job. It is commission based and I need to focus on getting great.

I'll be trying to stick to a strict agenda for these next months, just to see if it works.

I'll Make Thursday my Google & inspirational / reflective day.
Friday's Remain my progress report day.
Saturday Mornings I am accountable to others.
Sunday I will spend as I please, researching or catching up or just having fun. ( or business day, if required )
Monday is Money day.
Tuesday & Wednesday is Business Days.

And thats WHY I forgot to write a Friday progress report yesterday.

( back to it's usual format next week )

Cheers,
Jon