Friday, October 29, 2004

Time Tables & routine

How I'm Doing This week:

I haven't been following my Time table as rigorously as I intended, but it usually takes me a while to get into things properly. Google isn't raking in as much as I hoped it would either, but it's been a good month anyway.
I have wasted endless time siting in front of the TV or browsing aimlessly this week. The forum isn't "aimless" by the way, but may not always be "productive" time.

Current Goals:
= My Clickbank Money book: One evening a week at least ( up to 3 hours )
= Our Business ( 2 to 3 Evenings a week ) - 6 to 9 hours )
= Succeeding in my new job. It is commission based and I need to focus on getting great.

Current Weekly Time Table:
I'll Make Thursday my Google & inspirational / reflective day.
Friday's Remain my progress report day.
Saturday Mornings I am accountable to others.
Sunday I will spend as I please, researching or catching up or just having fun. ( or business day, if required )
Monday is Money day.
Tuesday & Wednesday is Business Days.

New things I will TRY to do:

Moderate the UK forum... So be gentle with me! Please...
Read my emails after 10pm, when I am done with proper WORK.

Things I am Dropping:

It should be important to me to actually remove something that I do which is more harmful than beneficial. I'm not ready to look inside myself yet, so I'll look at other things. So. Unless more people want to sign up to my Utility Warehouse club, I'm quitting it.
http://www.telecomplus.org.uk/fareham
I get a £5 for each sign up 90 days after the service start date & you can have that back. There is a tiny residual income element to some of the services and I only need a few more people to cover the fees I pay to be a reseller.
The service is good value, but not the cheapest on international calls. It is however quite competitive on internet, mobile, gas & electricity.
But if there is no interest, I'll ditch it.

Next Weeks Targets:

Write on the clickbank book for 3 hours in total.
Exercise 3 x 20 minutes.
Complete all actions assigned to me at the business focus meeting - and on time. I don't know what they are yet!
Send out that newsletter!

Last Weeks Achievements:
We've found two new online outlets for our books. One of them wants to do a feature on us as part of their re-launch. The other is reviewing our titles.
With the help of a mentor I have also finally cracked how to approach bigger online partners to ask for their help in promoting our two main campaign packages. Mainly because he helped me come up with the campaing packages!
I had the pleasure of working in a 3rd floor open plan office where the elevators were out of order this week. and the filter coffee is only available on the ground floor... So I achieved my exercise goals.
I have also migrated a whole section of money tips onto the website.
But I have yet to write a single word on my clickbank book.
Nor have I sent out any newsletter.

This weeks lessons:
If things don't always go to plan - adjust the plan! Things happen that you don't expect. It invariably does in my life anyway.
I was thinking of the map reader realising that the map didn't match the surroundings. But he doesn't re-write the map! What he does do though is use the map to find out where he is accoring to where he wants to be, and adjusts his route accordingly. So although the goal remains the same, sticking to one plan may not be a good idea.
And once in a while someone or something comes along to test how well you know where you are and how good your plan is.
So if I find myself OFF plan, I need to know where I have drifted off to, and then decide how to progress towards my target.
It's infuriating and frustrating while I am lost though!