Friday, November 19, 2004

Progessing in multiple ways!

How I'm Doing This week:
Pearson would have been really depressed about this week as it was absolutely fabulous!
It's been mad busy to sort everything out. especially I was sick for about 3 days of this week. But we have made tremendous progress, and we were only £21 off the weekly sales target, which isn't bad 3 weeks into trading! and especially as the sales target I set is based on the level of business I am expecting us to trade at when we are fully operational.
We've also discovered that our niche is served by two completely different industries, that both seem to shun each other. In one of those industries we are authorised suppliers to around 300 outlets - the other: three. The second one has over 800 outlets in the UK alone. so we've got another 797 potential places our customers hang out that we haven't even approached yet.

Current Projects:
= My Clickbank Money book
= Our Business
= Fitness
= Sales Job Success

New things I will TRY to do:
Catalogue my new product ideas so that I don't waste time researching new ideas when I should finish off other products further down the pipeline

Things I am Dropping:

The weekly time table from this post. It doesn't seem to add any value to anyone.
Last Weeks Achievements:
Get 90 minutes worth of exercise, including brisk walking. => I did 45 minutes. Walking up the stairs on Wednesday ( 3 flights ) I stil got puffed out as per usual, but it only took me about 20 seconds or so to recover and not 10 minutes )
I have now completed 51 percent of my ebook, one percentage point over my goal. I think this is another first - I have actually over-achieved on one of my goals!
Managed to get loads of research done for the events that my wife are attending this weekend and also wrote an advertising pack for her to take with her
Stay on top of, and keep on updating my money website with newsletter = not done at all!

Next Weeks Targets:

Finish the ebook?!? Could be done actually as I am really getting into the "voice" of the money tip "ranter and reviewer". And I am a natural ranter on many more subjects other than money!
That elusive exercise time table needs working out. I have scheduled in the work to set it up for Sunday Morning.
There is a lot of follow up actions comming out of the events this week so I will be carrying out those. I also need to write a press release that.
And of course trying to get some more structure on this fitness of mine.
This weeks lessons:
Funny how I get to cultivate and do something productive with a trait that is un-productive! The ranting I mean.
Just goes to show you never know where your interests and talents may lie.
Has anyone else that works for themselves and have a job as well, that when the business is going well it is incredibly difficult to motivate yourself for your job? I guess it helps if your job is really motivating you, but if it isn't then I find that a business that IS interesting has such a demotivating effect on the JOB.
Or can have. I have been trying to focus on the fact that the job will teach me something I really need to learn. I know what some of it is, but I am sure I will learn something I hadn't even thought of. And I am already finding out that things that you guys have taught me helps me understand my new sales job better.
Although due to the non-disclosure agreements and non-competitive clauses I am even more restricted than before when it comes to creating software products.

Cheers,
Jon

PS, if anyone has received notices of Instantbuzz but haven't been able to get an invite, let me know and I'll send you one. just drop me an email on mr_otherwisen AT hotmail.com
( I'll review it in more detail when I have had more time to see it perform )