Friday, December 10, 2004

Eye Have My cunjunctivitis Glaucoma'ed on you!

How I'm Doing This week:

Been off sick this week. I bet it's just the tension in my shoulders but the GP thinks it's my eyes and the optician thinks it isn't. Although she was concerned with the pressure in one of my eyes. So I bet it's the tension in my shoulders. Or Glaucoma. So it's time to start looking for blindspots in my vision!
And all of this started just because I felt sick with dizziness last Friday.

So It's been an interesting week!
But I am going to have to keep this short, because if it is glaucoma ( tension) then I need to get away from the computer for longer.

Current Goals:
= My Clickbank Money book: One evening a week at least ( up to 3 hours )
= Our Business must grow ( 2 to 3 Evenings a week ) - 6 to 9 hours )
= Succeeding in my new job. It is commission based and I need to focus on getting great.

New things I will TRY to do:

Setup the video conferencing to work when we have Christmas dinner on Christmas eve. Both my brother and I have installed skype and it works a treat. There should be a video conferencing option available, and now we both have broadband, the connection could be quite good!

Things I am Dropping:

moaning. I haven't got time to feel sorry for myself any more. I need to get cracking!

Last Weeks Achievements:
I've launched the ebay auctions for the business. Lots of opportunities there. I have registered my website via my RSS feed on yahoo. I am also getting closer to deciding on what content management tool to use for the websites our business will be launching on the first of January.
My money ebook has not been looked at this week, but I will proff read it tomorrow morning. I am tempted to turn it into an audio thing to be honest. But I have decided to publish it in it's current format and give it away from the related website.
And I got camtasia for £5.99 and recorded my first video with it!
And I got my brother to get skype working. Although I didn't need to do much - it worked straight away!
As I was in Fareham this morning anyway, I decided to try the Martin Avis life style ( aka the Andy Henry Saturday experience ) and spent 4 hours sitting in a coffee shop having a pannini and a grande latte ( there is only two types of latte in this coffee bar: Large or Grande ) while writing up my focus plans in my newly purchased big blue book and then worked on a number of the actions I set myself.
.
.
.
It was the most productive 4 hours I have ever had!
Got a press release sent out to the trade rag just in time to get included in the January issue.
got 6 other possible press releases to work on.
worked on two other actions that would progress the business and help us with our advertising income.
Did I finish al my actions?
Bet your bum I did NOT!
Of the five focus areas ( what a contradiction in terms! and how ironic if I am going blind! ) I only worked on one. And I defined a total of 25 actions.
Critical path analysis? no I forgot to do that!

Next Weeks Targets:

Where do I start?
Well, the job thing is kinda on hold as I am not in the office.
The money book will need proof reading and editing.
This weeks lessons:
Taking breaks is a good thing. Not taking breaks can have consequences far beyond what you think. Like giving you RSI or eye problems.
That's it from me. Time for a rest.