Friday, February 11, 2005

Mind Over Mattress

Having deleted an hours work this evening, I am now typing this entry for the second time.

Mind Over Mattress seems to be a repeating theme for me this week.

There is the JV to work on, there is our imminent book launch to work on, there is google to keep a close eye on.

Oh and work.

Whops. Hang on a sec. let me weigh myself as I forgot to mention my weight last week:

117kg in the bathroom,
118kg in the hallway &
119kg in the office.

I guess I'd better start using the gym membership my wife gave me as an early valentines day present. grumble.

I'm considering giving her dental floss or mouth wash or something...

Work work is manic at the moment. I thought I was busy before but the sheer volume of admin stuff to do in addition to the selling is just stupid.

Well it seems a little excessive at least.

Excuses?
Could be. The results these week do look as if they need justifying:

=> write two sales pages and get them critiqued on this forum

Ain't Done.

If someone wants a nearly ready product to promote and know how to write copy, let me know!

=> research for my JV.

Done.

Great stuff in fact. If you're interested in partnering with me and a couple of other guys from this forum - we'll be looking for partners shortly. I'll let you know more when we're ready. This is no me too offering by the way. We're not the only one's plugging this hole, but we're just ahead of the competition.

= > for my business: write the coverblurb for the new book that we're about to publish.

Ain't Done.
I must admire Martin alot as I have never met Don Aint Don Marlon Sanders but I use the Don / Aint Don catchfrase Martin attributed to him..

Either way you look at it though. 66 percent of my targets were not even progressed this week. At all. There is only one reason for that though.

So how can I change? Sadly. It seems that going to the gym to build up more stamina and stress resistance will be tremendously beneficial to the amount of work I can get done.

Which gives me a REASON to go to the gym:

I WANT TO GET MORE STAMINA, IMPROVED ABILITY TO CONSENTRATE AND INCREASED RESISTANCE TO STRESS BECAUSE THESE THINGS ARE ABSOLUTE key TO GETTING THE WORK DONE FOR MY PUBLISHING BUSINESS, MY JV, MY JOB AND MY OTHER INTERNET WORK.

And those things are important to me because they are the vehicles that will give me what I am looking for from my life.

I'm feeling a little run down at the moment so for next week I'll be focusing on the JV marketing plan and formulating our USP.

Everything else Internet related will NOT be touched. Apart from google monitoring.

I can't remember if I mentioned that we were in the local rag a few weeks back. As a result of that double page spread we're off to stay at a hotel for a night this weekend as we need to go to a photo shoot for a weekly womens mag. So that is the weekend taken care of with business.

Oh yeah, and I need to finish the blurb on the back of the book before Friday as the book is going to the printers that day!
So in short,
I will begin to go to the gym.
I will write the blurb
I will work on the marketing plan & the partnering plan for the JV.
I will take some books with me and learn stuff while pauline is getting her photos taken for this mag.
I will NOT do affiliate marketing stuff

Nor will I just surf!

And that's it!

Cheers,
jon