Friday, February 04, 2005

Where Did The Car Insurance go?

Forgetting all sorts of things this week, like returning the signed car insurance documents to get the insurance confirmed!

Anyway. Let me have a look at the tasks for this past week:

= Finish the tax return.
Yeah done. With a day to spare. Already started to collect the information I need for the next return, which I will work to finish as much as possible on the May bank holiday weekend!

= Book an MOT & get my new tax disk.
Done. Erk! Tax disk!! Forgot that! Guess where I will be queuing up tomorrow!??

= Work on the money product.
Well I managed to get it off to one of my reviewers this week, and I also had a look at the sales pitch I want to go for.

= Set out my money making strategy for the year.
That sounds very materialistic a goal, but it's not THE goal. It is actually more of a one year task to be honest a achieveing the financial goal that I have set out will mean that the business will have generated enough to cover the next printing of a book, all the loan payments and enough of a financial buffer to handle the swings and roundabouts of the business. Having a revenue target also helps us focus on what we need to do with the business to drive it forward. So it's only there to serve a higher purpose. Which is why it'll work.

this week:
write two sales pages and get them critiqued on this forum
research for my JV. Not that I can tell you much but you will NOT have seen anything like this before - AND we are only doing it because we have confirmed that there is a "need" hole to be plugged.
for my business:
write the coverblurb for the new book that we're about to publish.

I've been asked twice this week what I think this Friday post has ment to me and I gave prety much the following answer:

I've learnt that the best way to achieve anything is to focus on finishing one thing. ( Look at my money book - It's not finished yet as I never seem to give it much focus! )
It's also ment that INSIDE one year I have:
launched 3 websites,
bought a publishing company,
generated over £500,000 in revenues for ONE affiliate merchant
half written two books
bought more software and ebooks than I ever will read ( or use )
got to know some really nice, helpful people,
got to learn more about myself than I had in the previous 30 odd years
got to learn more about marketing
got to challenge my comfort zone
got to go to Las Vegas
and got to JV with two seriously knowledgeable people
got to make myself accountable over the phone to 5 excellent people

and I haven't even BEGUN to scratch the surface of this internet adventure ahead of me.

But now I am off to enjoy some american pie wedding!