Friday, August 27, 2004

From A Royal Cockup To a Cock Eau Vin

How I'm Doing This week:

My google ads are doing quite well I must say. The profit so far this month looks to get pretty close to last months turnover! I think most of it is seasonal changes, but it's great to see anyway.
My "new" money website is coming along nicely. But it has ment I haven't bothered with the old one at all. It seems like there's no point until I have moved everything over. Or at least more of it. It's a little more time consuming than I anticipated. And unfortunately the first usability tests are down compared to my old website. But this new solution includes some membership features as well, although nothing that allows me to charge for it yet.

My business venture is looking promising. We're now doing some comparisons between two strategic options but my action list remains far too long for my liking.

New things I will do:

I don't have time to do new things - the only thing I can think of is that my fitness is becoming a business risk. and as such I need to consider how I can reduce that risk. Now there's a novel way to look at being obese!

But it is true. Certainly is in my case as I am Clinically Obese according to my GP and there are all sorts of health risks involved. So from the point of view that I could die from this one day if I don't change, and also the energy levels and stress tolerance levels can be improved by some simple fitness exercises.
So I need to think of a way to improve my health for next week

Things I am Dropping:

I'm beginning to think there's no point to these Friday Progress Reports anymore. I'm not sure I'm getting anything out of them anymore. Especially now that there aren't really any goals in them.

This weeks lessons:

This one comes from my J.O.B actually.

I think it is incredible how powerful a relationship can be in getting me to do things I had never dreamt of before. it is no secret that I detest my job with gusto, but I let someone I respect down early this week, and this colleague of mine TOLD me straight that this upset her.
So I spent the remaining 4 days of this week working my B-hind off to try to re-deem myself in some fashion. I don't think my standing will ever quite recover, but at least I took charge of the chaos I created and made every available effort to keep it stable and at the same time keeping all my other projects moving along as well.

My job is the reason why I want to focus on one thing at a time. In corporate lingo I am currently "on the bench" which means I am between roles within my company.
I handed over my responsibilities 3 weeks ago officially, so that my old department no longer pays for me. But I am still responsible for progressing 4 projects. Full workload would usually mean over 10.

But having only those 4 to focus on made such a huge difference as I can follow up both developers and clients daily if required, and give them updates before they come and ask for it.
Anyway, I digress. I don't think I would have put in such an effort if it wasn't for the simple reason that I hated myself for letting this particular person down. And it was all down to the respect I have for this person that I have worked so closely with for the last two years.

This weeks audience question:

Did you read this far?