Friday, May 26, 2006

Progress - Reloaded or Revolution? It ends tonight anyway.

I've had a very productive week this week and it has brought a lot of clarity to my thinking and about my business etc in general.

I've been reading a book called 'Ask and it is given' ( available from amazon) and it is opening my eyes to alot of things. The value of having a bookshop nearby for one - I couldn't wait for Amazon to ship it to me when I was told it would benefit me, so I went down to the bookstore at my earliest opportunity and bought the book.

Anyway, I have had a productive week and I expect next week to be even more productive. But with everything that is happening in my business life at the moment, a weekly report will no longer do. there is too much happening from one day to the next that I have no way of keeping up once a week.

And I guess you can say that I have finally evolved to the point where the friday progress report no longer serves its purpose. It certainly doesn't feel like it does.

I was looking for a phone in service a while back where I could call in my reports every Friday and you could call in on Saturday or whatever and listen to my week at 10p a minute.

I feel at this moment in time that what Ishi said to me (that I needed a more detailed plan) back in February or whenever it was can only be achived for me if I evolve Friday progress to a daily progress plan, monthly, quarterly and annual plan and take it offline so that I can be honest with myself and with what I write.

I got myself in this position because as a complete beginner decided to write about everything I did, and now that my businesses has progressed, I don't feel like I always can write about everything that is going on (not even about the fab results Gary & I are getting with parts of the system we are working on together) and that doesn't help my business to progress.

So I am revolutionising Friday progress into an offline system with a pen and notepad that I will write in every day about the day that has passed, what I learnt and what I plan to achieve the next day. In addition I will have a plan for the month and quarterly targets for at least a year into the future. I'll keep it simple. My wife will make me!

So it is goodnight from Me and it's goodnight from him.

Jon